Friday, November 8, 2013

perfect for fall pumpkin cheesecake

Hello Darlings! Yes, that means the guys too :)

I've been MIA this week, for good reason. I started making Christmas cards to sell!!! It's a good thing I am going by Hobby Lobby tomorrow because I am totally out of white cardstock, which is used alot on my cards.

Anyhoo, I have a treat for you! A recipe for pumpkin cheesecake which is perfect for this time of year if you ask me. Ok, well, for anytime of the year if you're a pumpkin lover like me.

turkey tom says hi

I've got the last two in the oven as we speak. I got the recipe here, but I tweaked it a bit. This recipe makes two, 10-in. shells. I used keebler's already made graham cracker crusts. And these babies were filled to the brim. No skimping out over here! I also baked these 10 minutes longer than the original recipe called for.


I can't wait to eat a slice! I made four cheesecakes total, 3 to be given away and one for me & my housemates. I should  let you know that the last two I made were filled way up to the top of the crust. Because of it being thicker, I adjusted the bake time to 1 hour 10 mins, which they just came out of the oven and look good. The center of all four cakes were a bit jiggly, but it hardens as it settles.
before

after

Pumpkin Cheesecake
4 packages of cream cheese (i used the bars, 8oz)
2 Teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 15oz cans of pumpkin
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350F

Beat together cream cheese and sugar. add pumpkin, vanilla & spices. beat in eggs one at a time. beat til creamy. pour into shells.

Bake at 350F for one hour.

Enjoy this goodness!
 photo signature_zps68838d56.png
\

2 comments:

holli said...

i might even try this even though i dont like pumpkin!
You look cute making the pies.

Victoria said...

love the apron! :)